April 25, 2010

Wind, Wind Go Away!

The wind was blowing today as I tried to plant some seeds.  Luckily, I didn't lose any.

As you can see, my SFG is full of Mel's Mix and it has a grid.  So, off I went this afternoon to plant some seeds.

















Here's my SFG filled with Mel's Mix and ready for planting.


















Planting my bush bean seeds.


















Hopefully this little guy will yield a lot of yummy beans for munching on this summer.


Besides the bush beans, I also planted broccoli, carrots, mini head lettuce, leaf lettuce and spinach.  I have bunch onions, cooking onions, leeks, eggplant and sugar pumpkin seedlings in the house waiting to be hardened off and planted in the SFG.  I also have some pepper and cucumber seedlings that I will be planting in upside down hanging planters.  I'll buy a tomato plant from the nursery and plant that in another upside down hanging planter.  There are 30 strawberry plants here waiting to be planted into a fourth upside down hanging planter too.  I'll post pics of these planters after I have them planted.

I gave my seeds a drink and tucked them in for the night.  I can't wait for some sprouts to pop up!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog in the SFG forum.

    I have one of those strawberry planters too. I only bought 3 plants though because they were pretty expensive and sickly looking at the garden centre. I couldn't find strawberry seeds anywhere to save my life.

    ReplyDelete