I decided today that I better start hardening off some of my seedlings so I can finally plant them in the SFG. The first one I started with was my pumpkin seedling. I took it outside and let it sit in indirect sun for a couple of hours. That was enough for the first day, so I brought it back in. As I was putting it back in it's spot with the other seedlings, disaster struck. I broke the main stalk!
I'm not sure if you can see in the picture, but it's holding on by a little thread.
I wasn't sure what to do to possibly save the little guy. Suddenly I had an Ah-Hah! moment as I remembered back to science class in grade school (LOL) where the teacher showed us how to grow cuttings and seeds in paper towel in a glass. Hey! I'm willing try just about anything right now!
I guess we'll see how well this little experiment works. I know I'll be MUCH more careful in the future while moving these little babies around.